Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know where to purchase a decent clutch from for the right price, I have decided on a DMF replacement to SMF.

Been on the bay to look up and fancy the Valeo smf conversion kit but I think its the KIT4P I need. I e-mailed the guys selling it and in their massive rush to sell their products they havn't bothered to reply when I asked if its the kit mentioned.

Any Ideas?

TTFN

·
Registered
881 Posts
I never understand why people bother with Ebay etc,when there is a ECP,GSF or similar in most large towns.These guys will sell you over the counter the correct O/E quality part at discounted prices.All face to face no problems with postage wrong part,returns.
As for solid kits,the pros and cons have been done to death on here and everywhere.All I say is if it came with a DMF keep it.I`ve even known some solid kits to be more expensive than a DMF & clutch.What ever always stick with top names,Valeo,Luke etc.

·
5,625 Posts
There is another thread on here about 110 clutch. He was quoted less than 300 for the full conversation kit from peugeot.

As I said before I used a secondhand rhy flywheel £35 from breakers and a Valeo
Clutch kit from ecp for around £90
Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks for the input guys, might go down the breakers route myself for a flywheel. I thought you had to have a DMF replacement as the conversion kit shows a much thicker flywheel.

Unless i'm wrong here but isn't the conversion flywheel a little deeper to a standard because of the reach of the clutch? Or am I being an idiot as they all have this same size flywheel?

Cheers :)

·
5,625 Posts
I know they are not the same. Do not know full specs but ecp gave me a conversion kit clutch and no a 90 and it would fit but diaphragm spring fully compressed so clutch dud not work so gearbox out again. Also if you keep car std 90 clutch kit less than £100 conversion clutch kit £250

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think you will find when you go down the SMF road and do a conversion they will supply a different pressure plate centre plate and thrust from the kit used on the DMF.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know they are not the same. Do not know full specs but ecp gave me a conversion kit clutch and no a 90 and it would fit but diaphragm spring fully compressed so clutch dud not work so gearbox out again. Also if you keep car std 90 clutch kit less than £100 conversion clutch kit £250

Ok, majorly confused here lol! :eek:

Let me get this right are we saying that if I change the DMF to a standard 90 flywheel I will have to use a standard 90 clutch? Or will I still need a conversion kit? Would I be better buying a DMF conversion kit complete as that would have the correct clutch supplied?

·
5,625 Posts
Yes 90 flywheel and standard 90 clutch. Conversion clutch only needed with conversion flywheel as it is slightly different to 90 flywheel. My 110 has done more than 125k with 90 flywheel and clutch with no issues

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Dave, I was looking there during the week and they never had it at that price!

Today I have now ordered the complete (Luk Clutch kit and release bearing) complete with Solid flywheel for a bargain price of 144.90!

Thanks for the help and advice all!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good buy mooseman. I was considering the single conversion, but I'm hoping that my DMF is ok and I'm just needing a new clutch. Knowing my luck, i'd put the conversion kit in and it'll shake my gearbox to pieces....

My money is on your dmf is rogered!! lol i hope not though. The luk i have ordered is a conversion smf for the 110, but hopefully it should last the life of car so hopefully never going to be dragging the box off again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts