Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new to this ,I had a problem with clutch earlier on my 2005 1.6 307 sport , I moved the car from one space to another at work , everything fine , I left work tonight and my clutch pedal went fairly stiff , hard to engage gears and a obvious clutch slip , a clutch kit was fitted in 2014 , 54000 miles on the clock I have only done 17000 miles since then , I don't suspect the clutch , I've had a quick look at master and slave cylinders with no obvious leaks , can a seal come lose and lodge in the hydraulic lines , or am I looking at another clutch ???????, any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Symptoms don't quite add up, you can't have slip and yet the gears are hard to engage. Take it back to the garage that fitted the kit, could be something like the release bearing breaking free of the pressure plate, little alternative but to take it apart to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for replying , I didn't own the car when original garage did the job , I got it of a forecourt , they gave me receipts for a clutch change about 4 months before I had the car , 18 months warranty was left on it but now expired , car is in garage now they reckon it's more then likely the pressure plate is knackered, having new clutch fitted today and the garage said it will cure it , they have checked master cylinder and the slave cylinder and there fine , so it's a new clutch kit
Thank you ☺

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know it sounds shocking, but some clutch kits are quite sub standard and 17,000 miles is about as much as they can handle.

I'm sure it's been said a million times, but quality parts are worth multiple times more than cheap ones, especially on a labour intensive job, sadly a car sales forecourt will "usually" fit cheap to get it gone and make that money :nod:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts