Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Yesterday on my home from work I notice my clutch pedal felt funny to press down. It felt like it was hard to press to the floor. After I picked my son up from nursery it felt hard to press and was making a funny sound. Then I heard like a 'ping' sound and felt normal. Again today I noticed it felt funny to press down and the biting of the clutch engages as soon as I lift the clutch.

Has anyone else experienced this or could explain what this problem could be?

Cheers

Si

·
6,448 Posts
Could also be one or more drive straps have snapped on the pressure plate its a common fault i believe.

It happened to my wifes car she described as a funny noise then a rattle when the pedal was pressed and the clutch was very abrupt when pulling away.

Which ever fault it is it needs a gearbox out to fix

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your info. Took it into a garage last week and they said it felt fine when they took it for a drive.

However, driving on my 35 mile journey to work this morning, I started to feel the clutch pedal clicking as I brought it up (just before I take my foot off). Seems a bit intermittent at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am now noticing that when I pull away in 1st and reverse gear, the car shudders which you can feel and hear. Looks like I may have to go back to the garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts