Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my car in on Friday as i was having a clutch problem and after reading this other people have had the same problem, and nobody even got back to me until the following Thursday and gave me a visual health check sheet which has remove gearbox and inspect £880.52 no mention of even fixing it and about my tyers which i never even asked to get checked .
After reading other reports saying they have had this changed and fixed for less than £500 i think this is rediculas considering they are my dealer and i even pay a service plan.

Any advice on what i should do here as Peugeot are taking the P*** !!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
All you can do is request sight of Peugeot's time schedule for the work and see if it tallys with the dealer's claim.
Sadly many main dealers are there to extract max £££ from punters with customer service an afterthought. Take your custom elsewhere when you next have the chance.

·
6,415 Posts
If i remember correctly (I just changed clutch on wife's 107) clutch change time listed on Sedre is 4 1/2 Hrs for the 1.0 3 cyl

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Price does seem a bit high, even if they replaced the clutch. Removing the box will mean they will have refilled the oil regardless though charging that amount for just removing, refitting and filling the gearbox would be outrageous. If they haven't put a price against the visual check of the tyres then there is no reason to question it.

Having a service plan has no bearing on the checking and / or replacement of the clutch as it only covers the scheduled servicing of the vehicle. The questions you need to be asking is what the dealer is actually charging you for, asking them for a breakdown of the charges for time & parts and finally, if you should be finding a different dealer to do business with.

Not all main dealers are equal. My Peugeot dealer in Oldham are courteous and customer focussed. The prices they have quoted for work they recommend being done are competitive and above all, they have proved to be honest in their dealings with me. They haven't suggested any work that doesn't need doing and they believe in customer satisfaction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts