Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday I go to the garage for new clutch cylinder. I have some free movement (approx 3-4 cm) and pedal not return all the way back sometimes. Also, gear changing is slightly affected.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actualy, nothing. Except who is *realy* killed Laura Palmer :)
Just inform you, somewhere here I read that's not a so rare problem ....

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will replace the cylinder, but still - I can't say I'm satisfied. I mean, OK, they will fix the problem, but how Peugeot can afford to have such a suppliers? And engineers? After many millions test kms how is possible that they are not noticed problem with rear axle - this is not problem with supplier but with project? I'm sure that all problems will be solved within warranty period, but wouldn't it be better to avoid that? Especially when is intence to atempt to catch the German concurents ....

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Well at least PSA haven't yet been caught deliberately falsifying emissions tests results. Maybe they should be trying to catch up with their German counterparts?

By the way, the most unreliable car we have ever had in our family was a VW.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that is truth. Anyway, no matter what, I have to replace rear axle and clutch cylinder. I realy have no prejudice about French or Italian automakers - just don't understand how any company can decide to make wrong moves. They are all clever and competent people, no matter what country or brand we talking about.

·
Registered
2017 308 1.2 GT line
51 Posts
Hi, can I ask what the "easy fix" is as my cylinder ball is worn. I've replaced the clip which has solved it for a while but I know it will happen again. Cheers

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi, can I ask what the "easy fix" is as my cylinder ball is worn. I've replaced the clip which has solved it for a while but I know it will happen again. Cheers
When my 308 hit about 30.000-40.000km i had a strangely loose and squeaky clutch.. luckily it was within the warranty, so i went to Peugeot and told them about this. They knew exactly what was wrong and they have had a couple of them in already.

so they changed the clutch cylinder and that solved the issue for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts