1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all

How is everyone.
I am new to this site.

I needed some urgent advice. I have apeagot 4062.2 hdi execurtive 53 plate.
Driving around yesterday, felt the clutch was acting wierd. felt some vibration on the clutch. then it screeched slightly the pedal went down half way , i placed my foot under it and pushed it up. it was ok then all of a sudden the clutch did not come back up and there was no pressure. Can you advice what i can do to resolve it. I switched the car off put in 2nd as recommended by a friend. Drove it to a saf place and parked. Phoned Mr Clutch who told me that it the clutch is gone and it will cost £800 to repair.

I brought the car for £1k

Can anyone advice what i can do or what i should do i love the car brought it recently. Even

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
More accurately the clutch BEARING has gone but it means the same thing you need a new clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Avoid Mr Clutch and find a reputable independent garage.
Thank gibbo

I Thnk you may be right. But just out of curisoty surely a 53 plate car clutch cant be costing that much

How much on average d oyou recommend i should be looking out to pay for the clutch

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Thank gibbo

I Thnk you may be right. But just out of curisoty surely a 53 plate car clutch cant be costing that much

How much on average d oyou recommend i should be looking out to pay for the clutch
depends on if it needs a flywheel or not

·
12,141 Posts
Thank gibbo

Ballpark figures:

Single mass flywheel clutch - £250 - £350
Dual mass flywheel clutch - £600 - £1000

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If you have a DMF that kit will only work for you If you convert to SMF As far as I can tell

And yes please don't use Mr Clutch

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, I shopped around for a while and there are bargains to be had.

Dual Mass Flywheel (OEM Quality) - Peugeot 406 2.2 HDI (03/00 -) | eBay

You may as well do the flywheel when you do the clutch, I haven't got prices for a clutch but both parts together will be around £450 along with around 6 hours labour to do the job....:eek: You have the option of choosing a Single Mass Flywheel which is cheaper to buy and perfectly up to the job, unless you have a super tuned 406??

There is a chap on 406oc that does this sort of work at a reasonable cost, as well as a few members on 406coupeclub.org who also do this fix.

Hope you get it sorted as the 406 Exec is a lovely motor....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts