Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon.

I have owned my 308 for around a year and a half, and now the clutch pedal is sticking half way on its return. It doesn't affect the change of gear or revs/engine noise when accelerating with the pedal stuck. I'm having to hook my foot underneath the pedal and bring it back up manually.

I've had a look around and the general consensus is that the master cylinder rod end and clip is worn. Is this always the case or is it something that really should be investigated? And should it be the rod end and clip that is worn, is this usually covered under a used car warranty, and if not an approximate cost to replace?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This has come up in some detail before, try doing a search.
But a temporary fix might be to spray some 3 in 1 with PTFE up at the ball joint, certainly helped on mine when I could feel friction in the pedal movement and slight noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has come up in some detail before, try doing a search.
But a temporary fix might be to spray some 3 in 1 with PTFE up at the ball joint, certainly helped on mine when I could feel friction in the pedal movement and slight noise.

Thanks, however I am not looking for a temporary fix.

It's also worth mentioning that it doesn't happen with every use of the pedal, maybe once every three times.

·
Registered
386 Posts
One of 6 things Peugeot had my dealer do free of charge was work on the clutch operation to prevent trouble in the future. The maintenance or what ever did not do the trick so master cylinder was changed as well FOC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have just had my car in for this to be sorted, the clutch had been "sticking" for about 3 months altogether but for 1 reason & another I hadn't been able to get my car in.

The new part has been fitted & clutch is working like new - unfortunately my dealer wouldn't do it under warranty (car was bought last year from a non Peugeot dealership & now has 40k miles).

The dealership were going to charge me £136 to correct the problem - I bought the part from Peugeot for £15.62 inc VAT & mechanic fitted it in 20 mins for £20.

The part needed is 1611376180 (Declutching Assistance Spring)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Is it still under 3 year warranty?
Mine not from Peugeot dealer but my local Peugeot dealer did 6 recalls including the clutch one and a big warranty claim for 2 front
shock absorbers, 2 front springs and connecting rod all FOC.
Thought it was a legal requirement any main dealer did warranty work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts