Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went to go to my mother in laws for Christmas lunch when starting up the car. Everything fine depressed the clutch and it was squealing, take it off it stopped ?. now this hasn't happened before the only similar thing was occasionally when sitting with the clutch biting getting ready to move off and only ever in 1st gear but not all the time. As i say while its idling no noise and same while driving except on clutch depression for a gear change any ideas

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sounds like your clutch release bearing has gone. Mine did the same about six weeks ago resulting in a new clutch, dual mass flywheel and me being £700 sheets lighter!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your clutch release bearing has gone. Mine did the same about six weeks ago resulting in a new clutch, dual mass flywheel and me being £700 sheets lighter!
yes think it is the release bearings that may be going so will have to do a bit of checking tomorrow(always the most inopportune moment to go ):( . The parts don't look that expensive will check with local garages. The last time i had to pay that kind of money was last years for a new clutch and a single mass flywheel for my Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4. From what i can see the part for the pug is a lot cheaper than that

·
Registered
682 Posts
yes think it is the release bearings that may be going so will have to do a bit of checking tomorrow(always the most inopportune moment to go ):( . The parts don't look that expensive will check with local garages. The last time i had to pay that kind of money was last years for a new clutch and a single mass flywheel for my Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4. From what i can see the part for the pug is a lot cheaper than that
Fairly sure that the cheapest youll get the bits for is about £450 and thats eurocarparts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update guys the repair was about £1100:( but at least its on and the warranty company is picking up a chunk. The bearings had broken or collapsed they discovered, on dropping the gearbox. so they replaced the clutch ,Dualmass flywheel, Clutch fork,guide bush and Driveshaft(seized). With it being over the holiday period getting the parts meant it wasn't ready for collecting till the 4th Jan seams to be running very smoothly now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts