Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2003 307 2.0 HDI Diesel.

I just popped out and when I stopped in the car park to let someone out so I could park there, when I went to move off, my clutch pedal only lifted about 2" off the floor before I was moving. I drove round the car park trying it, changing gears and all ok, but I did notice that if I stopped with the clutch pushed down for 60-90 seconds it did the same, and the pedal stays down then jumps back up to it's normal position.

I have checked the fluid level and that is full, glad to say is it was only service Thursday.

Any ideas will be grateful.

Mick

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's displaying classic symptoms of a failing clutch master cylinder.It's basically failing to hold the pressure in the pedal for a prolonged period. As previously suggested also check that the slave isn't leaking, but your symptoms sound more like master. You might fancy doing both while you're about it!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, garage picked it up, after just managed to make it to work.
NEW slave fitted, (£150+) ok on way home.

Got off motorway,25 miles later.

SAME problem.

Going to contact garage tom about it.

Mick

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ye, I could see it dripping on to the cover under the engine.

If it was the master cylinder not holding pressure, would not the fluid go back in to the bottle !
I have looked this morning and I have fluid again under the engine, and on the floor.
Fluid level has also gone down.

If it's master cylinder, around what cost should I be looking at ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SORTED:thumb:

Just found someone to press the pedal down while I look to see where the fluid is coming from.

Found it.:D
Where the pipe fits into the slave with the male nut on, the part that the male nut screws in to, is also screwed in to the slave body.

This part has a seal on it, and I can see part of the seal coming out and this is where the fluid is leaking from.

Could be that this part has not been tightened enough when built, as the mechanic would not expect this to be not tight enough.

Now to call garage to get it done.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SORTED Part 2

Well, my explanation of what happened was right in some ways.:rolleyes: BUT, it was the good OLD FASHIONED WAY.
Apparently the slave connection is a "PUSH-FIT".

Where I saw it leaking from WAS CORRECT, but it was due to the seal not seating correctly.:(

The pipe is pushed in to the connection, and a clip holds it in place to seal it (see picture), but for some reason the seal gave way causing me the problem.

Well the garage fixed it, and even better FOR FREE:thumb:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts