Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 05 plate 307 2.0 Hdi Xsi with 82k on the clock. For the last 10 days or so Ive noticed that when I accelerate through 4th and 5th gear, the car is revving higher than it normally would. The speed increase is the same as it has always been and the gears do change ok but it does sound like the clutch could be slipping.

Does this sound like a familiar problem to any other 307 owners? If so, what sort of price am I looking at to get this fixed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, cheers. I just hope it is the clutch and not a gearbox problem. Its been fine for the last few days so im just wondering how long I could leave it before getting it fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive been given a number for a company in Warrington called Black Diamond. They're meant to be reasonable. If its not too much i'll get it fixed.

If it turns out that it may be an expensive job I may just trade it in. Ive been thinking about changing my car anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Mine is doing that at the mo too! Probably end up changing it myself. Its a time consuming job (done it before!) so don't expect it too cheap!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clutch gearbox problem

Just hope that it is not a dual mass flywheel disintergrating! Very expensive due to Peugeot latent defect

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well ive driven about 200 miles since sunday and its not happened again. I wonder if this is the calm before the storm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got the same with my 54 reg 2.o hdi 136bhp, tends to do it at the higer end of the rev range and in higher gears. Worse when loaded or uphill, I've nursed mine for over 2 years!! biting the bullet now and changing the clutch and flywheel:( :( , quite a few pennies thou!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts