Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I drive a Petrol 307 55 plate.

I've noticed for a while that when i accelerate from stationary in 1st, I'll quite often get a juddering which I thought it might have been due to not letting the clutch out properly, however its become more frequent.

I also notice a bit of a squeaking when turning the car over, or a clunky gear change (when the wife is driving ;)) which sounds like engine mounts squeaking.

Could the two be related. Any tests i can carry out to self diagnose before going to the garage.

Thanks,

macca

·
Registered
253 Posts
Right ok I take yours has a hydraulic system?

Check fluid level.

Possible slave cylinder faulty or air in the system. What does the pedal feel like? A bit vague? Spongy? Better when warmed up? Bite point high or low? Any noise coming from gearbox area at idle?

Other possibilities are misaligned clutch unit or weakened pressure plate springs (fingers).

As for engine and gearbox mounts generally take a beating as most owners rip through the box when there is no need due to these dual mass flywheels and hydraulic systems.

Way to test mounts is leave vehicle in gear and rock the car back and fourth.
You will see the engine move.

Another way is to have bonnet open handbrake on put in first gear release the clutch slowly and watch the engine movement.

You could change the mounts if required and see if this improves but if it is the clutch it could take them out again.

Hope this helps you. Kind regards Adam. :thumb:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds like what i had (originally).

Mine was the clutch but i had 2 of the mounts replaced at the same time as like Adam said, they take a lot of abuse. (although i drive like a grandad, lol!)

If you go for the replacement clutch, note you may have to fork out for the Flywheel if its fitted with a DMF..(dual mass flywheel) these normally go too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts