Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a pug off someone for cheap and it had a worn clutch cable, thinking I could just change the clutch cable easily and be done with it. The clutch was very high up on the biting point, and would slip when revving high, but would otherwise drive fine (which proved gearbox is ok). The previous owner had just replaced the clutch. And assured me it was just the cable.

So I replaced the clutch cable with a genuine pug part (2150ef) and fitted it. But now with the engine running I cant get into the gears at all. When just parked up and not running I can get into all the gears no problem.

When the clutch is pressed, the clutch arm moves fine.

Its as if the clutch cable isn't pulling far enough to disengage the clutch to get it into gear.

I have a feeling I might have the wrong clutch cable as I have seen lots of photos of other cables that are auto adjusting with a plastic release cover that you have to remove after its fitted. But the genuine cable I got didn't have one of these plastic protecting covers ?

Any ideas as I am stumped now, and the car is now undrivable so I cant even get it to a garage.

· Registered
20 Posts
I can look it up for you if you give me the vin number. One thing is for sure, the clutch isn't disengaging.
Did it disengage when you bought it? The seller said the cable was worn so I guess shifting was hard?

You can check the travel. Somewhere in servicebox is the minimum travel. And there should also be a minimum travel the other way if you pull the cable at the clutch arm. If I remember correctly this should be a minimum of 5 mm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.