Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 308 1.6HDi 110 on a 58 plate. Its just out of peugeot warranty and now the Dual Mass Flywheel is away and the clucth pedal is starting to stick down in first gear.
can anyone tell me if the clutches on theses are cable or hyrdaulic as now it is starting to use fluid from the brake res.
I got the brakes replace around the car four months ago and I checked around the calipers to see if there was any leaks and cant see any. Dont know where the fluid is going.

D

·
0 Posts
Check clutch slave cylinder on the gearbox.
Check the pipe from the brake reservoir to the clutch master cylinder also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. I will get that checked at the weekend. I take it its a hydraulic clutch then.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Peugeot UK cover the dreaded Dual mass up to 5 years/90K providing dealer serviced
Peugeot also do a solid conversion kit for the piece of C**p,much better job

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rib

I have just got my flywheel and slave cylinder replaced with the private warranty I took out.
I never knew about the solid kit or I would have asked about that. I take it is just like the old flywheels. If this one goes again I will certainly ask about that.

C

·
0 Posts
Except reports are starting to filter through from those with solid conversions that the cars now munch through front tyres like a Star Trek fan through salty snacks. As dire an idea as the DMF is, it's there for a reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts