Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307 1.4 hdi is ill

At the biting point on the clutch, there is a load of vibration felt through my foot and the car shakes quite a bit too. When the clutch is fully up or down its fine, just at the biting point.

I've noticed a bit of play in the slave cylinder and just wondered if the cylinder needs replacing. I can't see any fluid leaks though.

Or is this a sign of the clutch needing replacing - has part of the friction plate broke off and has caused the clutch to become unbalanced...?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe this is the signs of the clutch going. That said it wont be a sudden thing and can last like this for a while if you want to live with it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mine does the same, and has done for the last 3 years. Not all the time, but notice it happens more on cold damp days, but after a while it stops. It could be days or weeks before it happens again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clutch lever which connects onto the slave cylinder has a lot of play on it - i suspect that something is lose or broken in the clutch assembly.

I was wondering if its just the slave cylinder itself, but i'm beginning to rule that out now.

I have an oil leak in the neck of the woods in any case - crank oil seal maybe - so can kill two birds with one stone

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Play in the release arm points at the nylon ball joint pivot in the arm breaking up or the thrust bearing and /or the sleeve it runs on wearing. Although this is normally accompanied by noise from the bearing which varies when the clutch pedal is pushed down.
To do anything about any of the above you will have to remove the gearbox, in which case you might as well replace the lot, the sleeve costs between £12-25 depending on how much discount you can negotiate, the nylon bush a few more pounds, a quality clutch will set you back in the region of £80-90. Do make sure you use a reputable brand clutch, it will be much the lowest cost option in the long term.

Roger.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

Having a quick look in the Haynes book, removing the gearbox doesn't seem too diffcult.

Any tips or pointers....?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
make sure you have space a car to use if things go wrong. gearbox oil, oil seals etc a good tool kit does help too

there not too bad to do but my last one everything was seized on so i had to cut alot of clutch bolts off. the driveshaft was seized in somehow too so i had to remove the whole section from the box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts