Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again.

Today I parked up at work, as I shifted into reverse I found it a bit difficult to find reverse, it felt harder to put it into gear, I put my foot further down on the pedal near the floor and then it went in...but now the biting point was next to the floor... this was odd.

I turned the car off, then wiggled the pedal some, Restarted the car and the biting point was back where it should be, however now my engine squeals really loud now when the clutch is disengaged. Sometimes also when idling.

To me I can smell metal on metal, but perhaps my imagination.

I've uploaded a video on youtube here : https://youtu.be/TNaXiGqR5jQ

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

You're absolutely spot on. Got the car in the garage now but they've called me back saying, new clutch assy & new DMF is a must.

I'm umming and arring, wondering if they adding the DMF just for extra ££.

though the car is 118k miles now 05 plate and no service history... might go for it for piece of mind. quoted £820 all in

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems pricey to me you can get a luk clutch kit with dual mass flywheel for £300 quid Should take a day to do the work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn!

Well i've read some other quotes online which are also around the £800 mark, thought it was about right. Was half tempted to tell them to only do the clutch, but unsure if that'll affect warranty.

I'll interrogate them before I pay and find out what brand of stuff they put in to justify the cost :D

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Flywheels can be damaged during the removal/refit of the box so its best to just replace the flywheel too since you would be real pissed if the new clutch worked fine but the flywheel started to rattle !

Its not essential though if it seems ok you would probably be fine but if its worn then its the correct time to replace nothing worse than doing the job twice :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts