Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having a clutch problem for 20k+ miles where by when i pull off in first gear it judders till the clutch pedal is fully released but ive just lived with it anyway this morning i think its gone completely. The clutch biting point has gone much lower, im getting a burning smell and there is a like a fan belt screaming sound whenever the clutch is depressed though the car is still driving. The cars done 145k now and i have nothing in the history to show its had a clutch or dmf replaced recently.

What does this sound like to you guys?

·
5,040 Posts
Not sure if the 1.6 has a DMF tbh. someone will be along soon with more knowledge

J

·
0 Posts
Not sure if the 1.6 has a DMF tbh. someone will be along soon with more knowledge
Pretty sure they do.... think its just the older 90s that didn't

BTW, if the DMF has gone, it will rattle like a bag of bolts.... mine did :nod:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Biting point is almost on the floor now with bad smell of burning so not driving it and just hired a c-max to keep me earning.

The thing is do i sell it as is and add a grand and buy a 2.0 HDi or do i fix it at a cost of £600-1000? Im undecided

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been having a clutch problem for 20k+ miles where by when i pull off in first gear it judders till the clutch pedal is fully released but ive just lived with it anyway this morning i think its gone completely. The clutch biting point has gone much lower, im getting a burning smell and there is a like a fan belt screaming sound whenever the clutch is depressed though the car is still driving. The cars done 145k now and i have nothing in the history to show its had a clutch or dmf replaced recently.

What does this sound like to you guys?
It has a dmf and they are supposed to last 100k but mines possibly done 145k so not too bad.

J

·
0 Posts
Depends on what else may be wrong with the car... at 145k miles, you've done well. It isn't going to be worth a great deal at this age and mileage, so if the car other than this drives ok, it may be worthwhile getting it done.... buy parts online cheaply yourself and find someone to fit them :thumb:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends on what else may be wrong with the car... at 145k miles, you've done well. It isn't going to be worth a great deal at this age and mileage, so if the car other than this drives ok, it may be worthwhile getting it done.... buy parts online cheaply yourself and find someone to fit them :thumb:
Still £400 for the bits though before any work is done. The thing is once it goes in, it gets fixed, the question is do i put it in or sell as is and buy the 2.0 that i really want for towing my caravan. Im confused

·
5,040 Posts
Still £400 for the bits though before any work is done. The thing is once it goes in, it gets fixed, the question is do i put it in or sell as is and buy the 2.0 that i really want for towing my caravan. Im confused
How much is the car worth with a knackered DMF ??

How much is the car worth with a REPLACED DMF ???

How much will a replacement car cost, which may have issues, knackered DMF that you dont notice,

will you be planning a remap/dpf removal again on a 2.0 ??

Yours is remapped to about the same figures as a 2.0 and if you do replace the DMF you know you should be good for another 100k.

Thats my first questions that need an answer

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And i agree with what your trying to say Trem. My only issue is that i was planning on replacing the car in six months anyway when it will likely have 160k on so im reluctant to plough £800 into a car that would be gone soon and wont be worth much with that mileage on anyway. It'll more than likely get fixed but it seems false economy when i reckon i can get £1500 for it now then add what i would pay for a new dmf and id be in a 2.0 that would pull the van better

J

·
0 Posts
Surprises me.... didn't think they would sell for that much, considering there are so many of them around.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems the clutch release bearing has disintegrated but the rest is getting replaced anyway.

To help finance im selling my brand new Irmscher back box if anyones interested. See for sale section

·
5,040 Posts
Seems the clutch release bearing has disintegrated but the rest is getting replaced anyway.

To help finance im selling my brand new Irmscher back box if anyones interested. See for sale section
so was it just the release bearing thats goosed ?? if its stripped down you may as well change the clutch and maybe the DMF, at the very least have a damned good look at it

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so was it just the release bearing thats goosed ?? if its stripped down you may as well change the clutch and maybe the DMF, at the very least have a damned good look at it
All bits have been ordered so its al getting done anyway. Also found out it had a snapped rear spring so more expense!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well its been a week since i took it in now and still no fecking car! My mech reckoned he was booked up for two weeks and is squeezing me in as and when but its really starting to p155 me off now as its looking like the earliest ill get it back is saturday though possibly early next week. :eek::nono:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally i have it back!!!!!:D:D:D

Downside is its cost me £893:eek:

Thats for clutch and dmf, new rear spring, new ABS sensor, new fuel filter and all labour. Oh well at least its done now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts