Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
two questions....
firstly; It sounds like my DMF is on its way out and it seems I can't convert it to a single mass (2007 2.0 HDI 6 speed box) Looking around it seems the only decent flywheel available is the LUK, is it best to get a complete LUK kit or is it ok to mix the flywheel with a B&B clutch?
secondly; as my car is now at 80k I am about to change the cambelt, will it make it easier to change it while the gearbox is out? When I changed the belt on my 206cc I had to move the engine over so I am thinking of doing it at the same time as the clutch! Does this make sense or is there any reasons not too?
Cheers, Pete

·
5,618 Posts
When I converted mine I got a second hand 2.0 90BHP solid flywheel from ebay and fitted standard clutch (with new flywheel bolts). is it not possible to do same on 1.4 /1.6 etc

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why can't you convert it to SMF? I just did my 2006 2.0 HDi 136 6 speed to a Valeo SMF using a 4P kit.
I'm in the process of writing a post on the conversion - below is a part of it.

I found Valeo make a 'Kit 4P' for many vehicles to swap DMF to SMF that includes 4 parts (hence the 4P) which include: SMF, sprung clutch plate, pressure plate and release bearing (also all mounting bolts and some grease).
For the 307 with the 2.0 100kW/136hp engine there are two different kits depending on build date - the change over was 09/2006.
The Valeo part 415 0225 10 or 835068 is for the pre 09/2006 where the 415 0320 10 is for post 09/2006 models.

835068 Kupplungssatz Peugeot 407 SW 6E 2 0 HDI 135 136HP 2004 Valeo | eBay

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies,

I have no idea why it shows that mine can't be converted , I have written to clutch suppliers and this is one reply I received from carparts4u:-

"THERE`S NOTHING IN PIPELINE FROM BORG & BECK VALEO NATIONAL AUTO PARTS AND THERE IS NOTHING ON THE NEXT 12 MONTHS NEW TO RANGE.
THEY ARE THE 3 BIGGEST SUPPLIER`S UK AND EUROPE FOR SOLID FLYWHEEL CONVERSION KITS?"

I shall check out the Valeo kits, as you see from this reply I was told there isn't one available for my car!

Thanks again

·
Registered
59 Posts
just for the info guys i recently spoke to the stealers who quote me £190 all in for a 307 full conversion kit for the 2.0 110 hdi, Not bad price IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts