Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I just bought a 2nd hand Peugeot 308 hdi 1.6 and the clutch biting point is very high and this quiet uncomfortable especially when I make a start within 1st gear, my question is: can the clutch be adjusted please?

2nd thing is: power sterring is little bit stiff when I drive and especially when I park, I checked power steering fluid reservoir and it was on minimum, I called Peugeot to check what oil do I need and was told Total fluide da, I've topped up to the requirnment level but it has made only slightly lighter!

I will be very grateful for any suggestion especially as a new member in this forum.

Regards,

Dati

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Biting point is high as there hydraulic you can’t adjust them

Even my new clutch is high

Power steering take the cap off again and then do a few lock to lock turning to get any air bubbles out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Biting point is high as there hydraulic you can’t adjust them

Even my new clutch is high

Power steering take the cap off again and then do a few lock to lock turning to get any air bubbles out

What a shame as it is not very comfortable when you move on 1st gear, have they done this so the clutch can last longer or what's the reason? (if anyone knows)

In regards to power steering, it was little bit low on oil/liquid, I've topped up and it is much better now.

Thanks very much monty9120 for the time and support you gave us, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
No idea depends what you mean by uncomfortable mine only judders if I don’t rev if I just let the clutch off I get a judder

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea depends what you mean by uncomfortable mine only judders if I don’t rev if I just let the clutch off I get a judder

Hi Monty 9120,

Yes, mine does judder every time i move on the first gear, probably i just need to rev more and I never used to on the modern cars!

Many thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts