Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, is there any way to adjust the clutch on a 307 hdi 110? My biting point is almost at the bottom making smooth gear changes difficult as if I don't hit the bottom every gear change I'll get a slight crunch.

The gearbox is on its way out I recon anyway but the clutch issue isn't helping matters.

Clutch was brand new about 10 ago as was the fly

·
5,633 Posts
As above clutch is hydraulic no adjustment possible. Leaking clutch master/slave cylinder could also cause issue

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Certainly sounds like the clutch needs replacing. you can't really put a time on how long a clutch will last as it all depends on what kind of traffic the car is used in and how the driver uses the clutch. After saying that, 10 months seems pretty short.

When I had company cars I always held the clutch at the biting point at junctions and traffic lights which wears the clutch out quite quickly. Also if the car is being used in heavy traffic or around town then there will be more gear changes than on long motorway journeys. Now I have my own car and do all repairs myself I am more conscious of things wearing so look after the clutch and brakes.

If the gearbox is definitely on it's way out and you replace the box or have the existing box reconditioned then it would be wise to have the clutch replaced again at the same time.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Why do you think the gearbox in on its way out?. If it because you find it hard to change gear then it's probably the clutch that's at fault. Does it whine or make any other noises?. My wife's 307 hdi has 190000 miles under its belt. It is in daily sevice as a mincab and tows our caravan as well. The gearbox is still as good as the day it left the factory.

Roger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts