Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High folks,

My car produces a clunking sound when I am driving over bumps and manholes. I am suspecting that the drop bar link (aka stabilizer link) is bad. It happened before and I had it replaced in the garage. I saw what he did at that moment and it's not so hard to replace. The problem is that I will order the part online and the shipping is as expensive as the item price :) What I am thinking is that I will change all the parts that a rubber attached like in the drop bar link. Since my car is 2003 model, I think it's a good investment at that moment. Can you give me a list of parts that has a rubber on and I can replace easily?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi there!

Just had a similar problem on mine.

Swapped out the drop links, cheap and very easy to do! Just need a spanner/allen key and a hammer :)

Anti roll bar rubber bushes, cheap and easy to swap out.

Track rod ends, these can also cause clunking noises if they need replacing. also cheap and as long as the ones on your car are not seized ( I just had to replace the whole track rod on the left cause the end had seized on) They are quite easy to remove. Important to rembeber when changing these that the tracking "should" be done after. However there are loads of guides around that show how to replace without doing the tracking!

Lower Ball joint, also cheap but from what I understand a right pain in the ass to get off!

top suspension mount, cheap to buy but not too sure about the procedure to swap,them out.

There's probably a few more things I cant think of though :)

Cheers!
Eddie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts