Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

got a 307 2002 1.4 hdi and need a bit of advice. since i have had my car the anti roll bar links dont seem to last very long on the car?? i now have a clunking noise which is comming from which i think is the passenger front side of the car and only can hear it when driving under 20mph? how do i check to see if its the roll bar link and ow do i tell if i need another. i normally take it to a garage but money is tight at the moment so wan check it myself.
Any help on this will be great thanks
:confused: :confused:

G

·
Get it properly in the air so the suspension is unloaded, and give it a wiggle. Genuine pug liks are far better than the pattern ones, even if they cost more to begin with.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
valleyboy22 said:
hi thanks for the reply.wot is the best way to do this please.i prob wud jack car up take wheel off and not sure wot next soz lol.
Do you have any tools ?

If you`re not sure after this point , i would be looking for a small independent garage , a quote of him (which is free) then save some dosh for two weeks and get him to fix it.

Ball joint average £8

Droplink average £10

Fitting of either of these average £20 (balljoint fitting will be the dearer of the two)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well car been checked out and my mechanic cant find anything wrong with my car?? he said e checked all the main possible problems and basically did a quick mot. noise still there but assured nothings wrong with car and wait to see if gets any worse. oh well wot can i say:confused:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well ad strut bearin change and doin the same bloody noise and wat waste of money.my mechanic cant find anythin wrong wiv the car and changed bearin to eliminate it but not that.the creakin noise gets worse when car been driven for a while but only slow turnin corners or pullin off.help anybody please

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Unless the inside of the shock has come loose ,then its a new shock needed but i would say its a case of letting it get worse ,if the mechanic has looked at it then its safe enough , i have the the same problem in the wifes car and all parts have been changed except the shock and the noise is still there .

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for reply and yeah my mech said car in good condition so jst gonna leave it now and see wot happens.not gonna spend anymore money on it and got mot next month so see ow that goes i suppose

1 - 18 of 18 Posts