Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. For a few months now when engaging the clutch there is a clonk/loud click underneath the clutch pedal when supressed, when this happens i get stuck in gear or cannot get into gear. This happens occasionaly but this morning it repeatedly happened and i had to pull over as i could not get into gear. I kept supressing the clutch loads of times and eventually it went back to normal but has got worse over time. Can you help me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
sounds like you need a new clutch kit, i wouldnt keep using it as you may cause more damage, such as flywheel damage and gearbox...you can pick up the kits for around £120, but you will need to phone around the garages and ask them for the labour costs...just stay away from mainstreet garages such as the dealer, and someone like mrclutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bf is a Tech for Cit/Peu he is going to look i just thought i would check first cause someone said prob clutch cable with auto adjuster problem :D

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i hope he is a good one, the last peugeot techs to look at my car claimed i needed loads of stuff doing, that a VOSA Inspectorate laughed at and called them liars, they left a tool in the engine compartment (later sold on ebay - c shaped tool with a bolt going through it, like a mini vice), lost my cabin filter cover, didnt spot the rubber mounts holding the exhaust was rotten (which led to it falling off) and that the clutch was really high, which then led to the release bearing of the clutch failing when i was on my way home from work...never going there again, if peugeot send me the regular surverys im going to tell them straight off...they see a young lad with a credit card and try and scam...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.