Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Raping the sh!t out of the advice on this forum atm... Cheers for the help thus far!

New problem - Hoping someone can diagnose or point me in the right direction... Heres the symptoms: When under power, no noise. This is at any speed. When I let the accelerator up or brake, theres a clunk and a regular knocking noise starts. Sounds like the drivers side from what I can ascertain. When put into idle, or engine switched off but coasting the regular knocking still exists. So am I right in thinking that means the gearbox is OK?

From logic, it tells me that when the cars under power, and theres tension in the drive shaft theres no noise - Therefore there is some play between the drive shaft and wheel because when the tension is removed, or I brake, the noise starts. The bit I can't figure out is why theres a regular knocking noise when theres no load applied either braking or coasting.

This is basically a bit of a shot in the dark as to whether or not anyones had a similar issue. Haven't had a chance to do some slow speed 360's yet, I'll get on that tomorrow and pop it on the ramps and have a look underneath. Anything in particular that anyone can reccomend I look for?

Cheers guys
G104S7

·
Registered
227 Posts
What were the results of your slow speed 360's? Normally the biggest sign of CV joint failure is the knocking noise when on full lock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops yeah forgot to add that bit! The noise is indeed worse with right lock. Although interestingly enough when I jacked the wheels up and put it into gear, from underneath it sounds like the inner one which isn't really affected by the steering direction... Think I'll opt for an entire driveshaft and replace them both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts