Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, this is my first post and I hate to show my ignorance especially after being in the motor trade all my working life ! I have had a 406 rapier 1.8 for the past 5 years and notice when switching on even before starting there is a clunk from the rear of the car, it sounds like a relay, when I switch off it takes several minutes before it repeats the clunk, I am curious to know what it is doing, a brake component perhaps ?
My rule is while it works don't meddle so as things work just fine I have ignored it, but could:confused: someone satisfy my curiosity please ? westmoors

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clunk - Clunk

Thanks for the reply PureJoe yes I think the fuel system sounds right department, I have managed to borrow a Haynes manual where there is a very brief description but I have read enough to keep to my rule, 'don't meddle if it is working !' The systems in cars these days are way beyond my own work experience which stopped 20 years ago !

I think it is a nice car, in my opinion the body styling takes some beating in the saloon version , my particular one is 10yrs old but has only done 46k, I spend more time trying to hide the odd scratch and dent which are all down to me I'm afraid. regards westmoors

1 - 3 of 3 Posts