Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Im from Australia and i have just bought a 2005 307 wagon. Its a 2lt T5. I love it and am very happy with it. The only thing is that the stereo system that it has is a very basic one with no Bluetooth, aux, usb etc. It does have a 6 disk cd changer. How would i go about upgrading the stereo? Is there a harness or wiring set i can get to upgrade it? Or how hard is it to replace the whole head unit? Id still like to be able to use the steering wheel controls and still have it all on the multifunction display but i have no idea if any of that is possible. This is my first euro car and i am fast discovering that im not the only one with no idea, most "experts" here in Aus are just as clueless about it as i am and alot just point blank refuse to touch them. I have attached a photo of what is currently installed if that helps.
Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanking you kindly in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
IMHO, the best choice would be to buy the connects2 or similar USB / SD Card / Aux adapter with bluetooth interface. Had one for both my 307's - one a facelift with the RD4 and the other a pre-facelift with an RD3. They work great and give you the choice of putting your music onto an SD Card or memory stick, plug into the Aux socket or streaming over bluetooth. They plug into the CD changer port so you could ditch the changer and plug straight in as the port is already enabled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMHO, the best choice would be to buy the connects2 or similar USB / SD Card / Aux adapter with bluetooth interface. Had one for both my 307's - one a facelift with the RD4 and the other a pre-facelift with an RD3. They work great and give you the choice of putting your music onto an SD Card or memory stick, plug into the Aux socket or streaming over bluetooth. They plug into the CD changer port so you could ditch the changer and plug straight in as the port is already enabled.
Oh that sounds simple as! I was expecting to have to get all sorts of bits and pieces to make it all work properly. So with the connects2 i can still use the steering wheel controls? Also, do you have a link please? Thank you :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts