Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening lads recently I have bought a Peugeot 206 2006 1,4 petrol 8v it has 55k miles at first it was driving mint and everything is fine after some days the cluch has started cracking when pressed multiple times and didn't want to go into any gear everything was fine found a way to drive it when it did this I pumped the cluch and it was going again into gear but today I parked it there was no problem it was going into gear normally no problem I tried to adjust my parking and sadly the cluch just went or something it doesn't want to engage into any gear the cluch pedal has some tension but not a lot resistance so now I can't move it or anything can you give me advice what is it the cluch wasn't slipping before hand
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think the clutch is cable driven so it may be a failed cable. Easy to check. Look on top of the gearbox at the release arm to see it move whilst someone is pressing the clutch pedal. If it’s the cable it’s an easy fix: replace it

If it is within the clutch unit : possibly failed release bearing then more costly as the box needs to come off

1 - 2 of 2 Posts