Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
308cc. When I turn on climate control the aircon lights up as well. I know that they say it cleans the air but I do not want that running all the time. It even comes on when it is cold outside the car and I want heat. Does the 308cc have a menu where you can stop this ?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
308cc. When I turn on climate control the aircon lights up as well. I know that they say it cleans the air but I do not want that running all the time. It even comes on when it is cold outside the car and I want heat. Does the 308cc have a menu where you can stop this ?
If you just press the aircon button with the light on, it should turn it off:nod:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh, I worked that out, when I do that however it also turns off the auto function. I had a vectra elite a few years ago with the same system and that had a menu where you could stop the aircon from coming on at all. So why does the auto function not turn on, on its own?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Unfortunately the Climate Control Auto function takes over control of the A/C, heater and everything. As far as I know Climate Control can't be programmed to run without the A/C:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just because the light is on doesn't mean it is running, just available. Turn the dial up and the compressor will never run anyway. In my experience it is best left on as it dehumidifies. If left off for long periods there is every chance the seals will dry out resulting in loss of charge and expensive repair costs. This is the reason for leaving it on Auto even through the Winter.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
This is the reason for leaving it on Auto even through the Winter.

The A/C will only operate if the outside temperature is 4 degrees C or above, if it's flashing 3 or below it won't kick in. This is to protect the system in winter conditions.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The A/C will only operate if the outside temperature is 4 degrees C or above, if it's flashing 3 or below it won't kick in. This is to protect the system in winter conditions.
Hi

That is a shame my old rover was manual air con and when I was cold and wet the air con really dried my windows so if its three degrees it won't work ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Well it doesn't for me, I've verified this on my present Pug and ones I have previously owned, the A/C clutch doesn't kick in if it's 3 degrees or below.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts