Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive got a 206 hdi and its just started making a weird clicking noise on and off in the dashboard. it doesnt do it all the time and nothing makes it worse or better, its completely random! is this electrical and is it dangerous can i keep driving it?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
emwil29 said:
hi, ive got a 206 hdi and its just started making a weird clicking noise on and off in the dashboard. it doesnt do it all the time and nothing makes it worse or better, its completely random! is this electrical and is it dangerous can i keep driving it?
strange... have you checked the engine bay??

if its inside, the most common is the radio code being erased..

if its outside (engine bay) then its either the tensioners or crank pulley needing replaced..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does it sound like the indicator? I had an indicator that randomly used to do the dash click on an older car. Can't remember but I think that was the indicator relay, long time ago though so can't fully remember

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, it sounds like the indicators a bit, very electrical sounding anyway. its definitely coming from inside the dash, down below the steering wheel. where are the indicator relays?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wouldn't know sorry, i've got a 307 lol.

But if its coming from in the dash then a relay does sound very possible for electrical clicks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes I am pretty sure the indicator relay is behind the cover below the steering wheel. Put your fingers on the relay when its ticking to see which one it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts