Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a pug 307 2.0l 16v glx 2002 70,000 miles, and the question i have today is that i have noticed what seems to be a clicking on the drivers side, i noticed it when i had pulled up at home and the car was sat ticking over, i thought it was buy the OBD11 connector but it was a bit further forward than that so i lifted the bonnet and it wasnt from there so i think it was from under the the front wing, what could that clicking be, if someone could possibly help me that would be great, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lots of questions! When does the noise appear, is it engine speed related, or just constant. It could just be a cable or component that is resonating at a set frequency.

To help in the future (and save you hassle of typing it every time), put your car details in your signature (along the top select 'user cp', then 'edit signature' down the left!).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
it was just on tick over, it made the clicking noise and when i rev it to about 1600 it stops and when it drops back down to normal tick over it starts again, bloody annoying i have checked where it seems to be coming from and its from the top left hand corner of the front right hand wing, what is behind there, anyone lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Clarkie did you get this sorted out? my 307 is doing this just started this morning! what was wrong with yours mate? the lad i take my car to says it sounds like bottom crank shaft pulley?

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is a clicking sound which is quite normal but I am not sure if it is the same clicking sound that you have described:)
The clicking noise that I am talking about is coming from the component which is located somewhere inside of the driver side front wheel arch and its job is, as far as I know, related to the air in the fuel pipeline. You can hear this noise when on idle and especially if you open the driver door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The failure of the bottom pulley is very common on the HDI engines as it contains a vibration damper,early stages of failure is indicated by a rattling noise from the engine at approx 2000 to 3000 rpm when accellerating hard ,as the pulley gets worse the noise will at idle as well, in bad cases the pulley will completely break up causing loss of drive to the alternator,pas pump and air con compressor if fitted, in most cases damage to the lower timing cover and then it is possible for the debris from the pulley to go it the cam belt housing causing the belt to jump a few teeth or even cam belt failure with possible valve or cam follower damage rare but worth mentioning, so best to fit a new one best get genuine though as they wear much better around £80 and an easy fix at home

hope this helps:thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
the noise sounds like a electrical crackling sound? the lad at garage says there is springs inside the pulley. iv ordered the part yesterday but typical no noise this morning:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clarkie did you get this sorted out? my 307 is doing this just started this morning! what was wrong with yours mate? the lad i take my car to says it sounds like bottom crank shaft pulley?
Hi, i did plenty of searches and apparently the ticking noise is caused by the purge valve of the fuel evaporative emission control system, so i dont mind the noise so much now i know its meant to happen lol, i hope this helps :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the reply clarkie well mine has only started doing this yesterday and differently did do it before had the car 1 year now so going to get the pulley thing changed anyway pitty it's stopped today tho

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crackling noise under bonnet

My peugeot 307 xline 07 plate has a crackling noise under the bonnet while idle and while driving.its getting worse also engine too hot warning came on then stop car message came on.anyone help??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have got a Peugeot 307 HDI Diesel 2007 which is pretty good condition. However in the last few weeks there is a clucking sound in the left rear side of the car which is bloody damn annoying. I took it to the one of the mechanic he said in order to get rid of the noise you have to change the brake pads and the rotors whose bearings are built in. I replaced it with 620 Aussie bucks and it is still there. I don't know could be the shock absorber. I checked it this morning seemingly seems alright. Any idea would be much appreciated.
Regards
Mir

·
Registered
1 Posts
bought a peugot 206 2.0 diesel same problem

Hi, I have exactly same problem a consistent clicking noise at idle or before 30mph, After that it goes away, Car had mot in september stating nothing about issue, It drives fine and very smooth though just a clicking noise at idle or below 30mph

Any ideas?

Thanks

FriendlG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts