Peugeot Forums banner

clicking noise 607

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Scotcruz 
#1 ·
hi can anyone please give me some advice before i take my car to local dealership for repair.there is a clicking noise coming from around pulleys in my 607 2.2d the more i accelerate the quicker the clicking is.just want to know how serious this can be thanks in advance john.

#3 ·
pac_fife said:
hi can anyone please give me some advice before i take my car to local dealership for repair.there is a clicking noise coming from around pulleys in my 607 2.2d the more i accelerate the quicker the clicking is.just want to know how serious this can be thanks in advance john.
nothing to do with crankshaft... its your timing belt tensioner... whats the mileage and when was the timing belt changed ?

#5 ·
pac_fife said:
waterpump gone timing belt gone good job i took it in when i did but the price OUCH!!!
see.. told you..

sorry to hear that mate.. I would shop around... the prices differs from £700 down to £420.. I got it done from Manchester while I was visiting my brother.. the garage also gave me a courtesy car..

My advice.. this kind of work should only be carried out by Peugeot Dealer..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.