Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Mentioned this a few weeks ago i've been getting small patches of clear odourless fluid under the car Ive not had the aircon for at least 2 weeks and wondered if this could be a water pump failure

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi All

Mentioned this a few weeks ago i've been getting small patches of clear odourless fluid under the car Ive not had the aircon for at least 2 weeks and wondered if this could be a water pump failure
could be a few things, is there a leak on the screen wash bottle, pipe or pump, is the radiator or any pipes leaking

·
5,028 Posts
without sounding ilike im just taking the p*ss, Have you got clear odourless Fluid as a coolant ?? Doubtful so i still reckon its aircon compressor related. my last 407 used to dribble like an incontinent granny all summer long.
this 407 doesnt however BUT the aircon isnt cold either.

Does it do it when stood still ?? if so place a large piece of cardboard underneath and you will see where the drips are starting from

·
Registered
522 Posts
The aircon on my previous car came on automatically when the heater control was set to windscreen only, there was no indication, light, that this was happening, could this be the same in your case.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Dip your finger in it???If its clear,odorless and tasteless it will be the AC outlet for sure.
Cooling system or washer bottle fluid smells and tastes horrible.
Mind you it could be rain water collecting somewhere?? we have had a few storms lately.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have pink coolant and its defiantely clear and oodourless the only thing is I haven't had the aircon on for a couple of weeks and still seems to work ok can it just leak and then eventually pack up, im wondering if I should get the water pump and cam belt changed?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like its dripping somewhere around the front or middle of the engine and dribbling out the back of the undertray onto the ground but does have cold aircon

·
Registered
881 Posts
Its not the AC leaking anything the system has gas, AC systems creates excess moisture and there is an outlet pipe under the car in the middle where the heater is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay just drove 45 miles from work and still some wetness but its cool so I'm guessing its not coolant but still trying to figure out where too look around the a.c as not sure where to start

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has a greasy feel but is clear and has not odour or not much of an odour if its diesel can that lose it odour im kinda hoping its ac but I don't use it at the moment have deliberately avoided it for 2+ weeks to try and find the problem its definitely not coolant that never goes down and I dive 100 miles a day so would have been noticeabl4e by now I only ask about diesel as I can faintly smell it in the vents.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts