Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Word from the broker, and hopefully taking delivery towards the back of the week (Nimbus 1,6 diesel with pan roof and keyless go) , just waiting on confirmation from their supplying dealer :) :))

Question is, Im a bit OCD on my cleaning, and wax my cars regular with Collinite, not a highstreet name, but hellish wax.
On a new car, when they leave preparation do they have a long life wax or protection? I haven't paid the silly money for superguard or anything, so just curious if there's a need to wax as frequently as I would on my usual demonstrators

've always bought demonstrators or used
So this is my fist new purchase.

Thanks

· Registered
620 Posts
I paid for a protective coating - at least it will keep it ok for 3-6 months from base up it will need redoing with proper job again.. however they also do an interior leather scotch guard type of product hence the reason I actually took it. If it stained/damaged the leather then it would have been up to them to fix.

I have bianca white. So it's more about protection and surface shine BUT all the cars have some black/tinted glass that needs to be looked after to prevent swirls.

· Banned
127 Posts
The trouble is you can do all the cleaning you want from dawn to dusk however nothing will stop the inevitable white scratch all across your front bumper from your friendly local white van driver!

And don't even start thinking about supermarket car parks.

It's a car, drive it, expect it to get dirty all the time, expect scratches, dents and scrapes at any given moment (especially after you've just had one repaired!).

I would just get it cleaned at your local car wash and forget about it.

· Registered
620 Posts
The trouble is you can do all the cleaning you want from dawn to dusk however nothing will stop the inevitable white scratch all across your front bumper from your friendly local white van driver!

It's a car, drive it, expect it to get dirty all the time, expect scratches, dents and scrapes at any given moment (especially after you've just had one repaired!).

I'm sure it just needs a t-cut..
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mud City car

· Registered
408 Posts

I hate driving new cars! and don't mention car parks :nono: I have a small scratch already and it's deep. :eek:

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I think I shall be doing what that guy did and caused a lot of fuss on social media; by parking in the middle of two bays!

Sainsburys car park in Easbourne and Leclerc in Bergerac have spaces with wide margins between each bay so the risk of opening a car door on the adjoining car is greatly reduced. I don't know of any other car parks like this but there again I very rarely visit such places!

· Registered
272 Posts
I think I shall be doing what that guy did and caused a lot of fuss on social media; by parking in the middle of two bays!

Sainsburys car park in Easbourne and Leclerc in Bergerac have spaces with wide margins between each bay so the risk of opening a car door on the adjoining car is greatly reduced. I don't know of any other car parks like this but there again I very rarely visit such places!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Door-Defender-NI-627843040002-Protection-x/dp/B00F2ECLV0

Too extreme?? ?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

· Registered
683 Posts

Costco

· Registered
77 Posts

How to deal with a guy that parks like an Ahole.
https://twitter.com/heinjvv/status/846791117895077890

· Registered
5,942 Posts
With supermarkets and such like it's quite easy to avoid most idiots by parking as far away from the entrance as possible. Virtually everyone who goes to the supermarket is lazy and would take their cars into the store if they could so park as close as they can.

Find a part of the car park with plenty of empty spaces and park at or newr the end of a row. Doesn't apply on those days where everyone and his dog goes for the real bargains like black friday etc

· Registered
314 Posts

When I got my current car I was paranoid about it getting marked. I'd had it about a week and parked it in the half empty car park miles away from everybody else. When I got back a couple of hours later there was a bit of a gathering around my car cos a mini's hand brake had failed and it rolled across the car park and hit my car!

For me it's the worst thing about getting a new car- the dread of it getting marked, but it is inevitable. if I can train my brain to have the attitude above then it won't be a bad thing...

· Registered
620 Posts
When I got my current car I was paranoid about it getting marked. I'd had it about a week and parked it in the half empty car park miles away from everybody else. When I got back a couple of hours later there was a bit of a gathering around my car cos a mini's hand brake had failed and it rolled across the car park and hit my car!

For me it's the worst thing about getting a new car- the dread of it getting marked, but it is inevitable. if I can train my brain to have the attitude above then it won't be a bad thing...
Side note.. There's a set of negotiator books "Getting to Yes" and "Getting past No" that two cold war NATO negotiators wrote. During my negotiations training for work these were also referenced (I'd read them already). Basically move from surjective to objective plus move to the mezzanine so you both can look down on the problem and the landscape (political, social, material, etc) below. Well worth it. It also works for a Zen-eqsue mindset on life .. however material possessions are typically a reflection of personal effort and sacrifice :D So I can see the first door ding being a weekend of annoyance..

· Registered
314 Posts
I've a feeling those books might go over my head Nick lol. I'll just try get comfort by telling myself it'll be going back in 3 years at the end of the PCP to change for a new one anyway....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.