Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cleaning DPF, got it done today

Im looking at cleaning out my DPF as getting even more soot building up on the outside of the Turbo. Car is running fine but MPG has dropped a bit.
Car is 1.6HDI, am I correct in thinking that my Cat/DPF is in 2 parts and very simple to split.
I have had Elios fluid refiled adout a year ago.
Im getting DPF system fault code 0238 -turbo boost sensor A circuit high at the moment on occasions, as well as a few others.:rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
There are posts on here detailing the 1.6 builds up soot on the outside of the turbo, but I don't think this is related to a choking DPF.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
asume the 2 sensors are pressure moniters to tell the ECU how bocked the filter is, on the front there is a stainles pipe going in to DPF that comes from a switch/valve on the rad, is this for the DPF fluid.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Im looking at cleaning out my DPF as getting even more soot building up on the outside of the Turbo. Car is running fine but MPG has dropped a bit.
Car is 1.6HDI, am I correct in thinking that my Cat/DPF is in 2 parts and very simple to split.
I have had Elios fluid refiled adout a year ago.
Im getting DPF system fault code 0238 -turbo boost sensor A circuit high at the moment on occasions, as well as a few others.:rolleyes:
this is not dpf system fault it is electrovalve for turbo clean first small filter under engine cover

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quite an easy job following the post on it. I just took the DPF out from underneath leaving the cat in place.
It didnt seem to be that blocked, well none of the holes were full to the top with soot.
Wait to see tonight if the light comes on anymore while Im working, and hope my MPH goes back up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Put a Snap on Solus Pro on the car tonight to have a look through, soot looding was 22%, last regeneration was 100 miles ago and filler flap is ok. I have read that main agents don't reset both counters, so did them both after telling it cleaned/new DPF fitted.
I had P1445, max additive in DPF and P1446 addative tank low ( I know it's not) but don't know how long ago they were.
Seems that the DPF system has no problems at the moment, shouldn't say that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts