Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

I have a Peugeot 307 2ltr hdi 90 on a 52 plate and runs sluggish with hardly any turbo boost. I want to try putting through a can of Wynns egr3 cleaner through the system to clean the egr. Can anyone recommend where to spray this into the system without taking the egr valve off. Also if possible could anyone show me a picture of where to put it. Thanking you all in advance. Danylar

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Peugeotown

Thanks for the reply, are you refering to the big air pipe just after air sensor top right of engine near battery. How did you get on with this product? what were your symptoms? thanks danylar

·
11,767 Posts
Disconnect the MAF sensor (red arrow) and spray it into the flexible pipe behind it (yellow arrow)

Don't spray anything directly into the MAF sensor, you risk damaging the fine wires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it the same with a 1.4? The egr is located at the rear of the engine so if anyone can post a pic of where to spray without stripping bits out thatd be great!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Gibbo and everyone else

Thanks very much for your advice. I did presume i would spray it in there but wasnt 100% confident that it would do anything for the EGR as it wasnt being sprayed directly into it. For anyone else who wants to purchase EGR3 i got 2 cans for roughly £16.00 from flebay.

Kind regards
danylar

·
Registered
209 Posts
as you spray it in you will here the engine knock... it does go in. I dont know what use it has on the EGR as i presume the it gets burnt in the combustion chamber before reaching the EGR.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back of engine.jpg

Googled a picture of the HDI engine and I think this is what mine looks like from the back. I presume that the part that I have red arrowed is the EGR valve. If I wanted to get a more direct hit with the spray into the EGR what pipe close to the valve would I spray it into if I am able to actually reach the valve physically?

·
Registered
209 Posts
indeed that is the EGR, however you cannt get to it on the 307 without removing engine mounts etc etc... it is a sh!t.
I think they do move around depending on the engine size and that is a 2.0l HDI

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I was able to get to it which pipe would i spray into thou, I have long arms and im quite flexible lol....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply, could you point where on the picture I uploaded of the rear of the engine where you mean. (novice to engines im afraid) lol.. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
At the top of the engine you see a pipe with a silver pipe fastener around ? Undo jubilee clip, there is one 10 mm nut holding on the pipe at the back right (as you look at engine from front) and undo the jubileer cliip holding the maf sensor on and you can remove half the pipe. You probably wont be able to undo it all as you can see the intake goes to the turbo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would it make much difference by taking off half the intake as others have said just spray it in the big pipe after mas sensor? in regards to the picture i put up on the previous page showing egr on the rear of engine if it was possible to reach the valve physically where could I spray the cleaner (what pipe, plz plz post on picture as im a novice :) )? as others have said that if I spray into main intake the spray wont really do much as it will get burned in combustion chamber before it reachers EGR valve. Once again thanks for all the input and i promise to stop posting about same topic in the very near future lol

regards
danylar

·
Registered
209 Posts
I sprayed it in the big pipe just after the MAF sensor. Forget trying to spray it directly into the EGR, you cannt. The EGR sits at the rear of the engine on the exhaust manifold sucking in exhaust fumes to the engine for a second burning, and lowering emissions. It can get stuck open or closed both arent recommended and effect fuel economy.
Wynns is designed to be used by sucking it up the air inlet. If you go half way along you just have less pipe for some to get trapped in (all those little ridges)

See Wynns website for more Wynn Oil UK

They recommend using a bottle of Diesel power 3 with it too.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Gave it a go on the 407 this morning. Takes an age to spray the full can in 1 sec bursts.

Left a nice dark patch on the road where the car was parked.

Took it for a spin, idles better and seems to be a little bit more responsive (could be in the mind, though).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Something went wrong?

Hi guys, i used some wynns cleaner as shown above nd seemed to throw a bit of muck out.
I Nipped down to show and as i pulled out of the drive the revs shot up as if the throttle was stuck and it throw out a mass of black smoke and cr!p. Turned off ignition and left for five mins and when i restarted it seemed fine. Went to shop and could fell a fair differance.

Problem is this morning i goes out to start it up, gets the usual caged beast trying to get out but when you give it some gas it whistles and throws a load of smoke out.

Any ideas? is this just the wynns doing its stuff or have i damaged something?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
i just gave it intermitten short blasts. It took about 20 mins to empty the tin. i aint too bothered about the revs last night (that happened well after i had finished spraying) its the smoke and sound this morning thats worrying. The air filter may well have got a little damp last night could that cause anything like explained?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts