Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i've got an expert - fitted with a Clarion PU-2294A(C) cd player - basically, it works fine without the engine running but the cd player WON'T work once the engine is switched on.

i've just bought another one (Clarion PU-2294A(C)) and the same thing happens!

oddly, i tried a Clarion PU-2294B which looks exactly the same and it was fine - why oh why does this happen? i just can't get my head around it!

interestingly, if i have a cd playing, then start the engine, i can often get it working again by giving the unit a little shake! if it was one unit i'd be sure it was a loose connection in the unit, but 2 units!?!?!

i've seen around the internet that people have posted this problem up but as yet no-one has an answer.....

mark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exactly the same problem.... does anyone know why this is? Or did you ever find an answer Mark? My stereo hasn't always had this problem, it's only been in the last 2 years or so that it's developed.....

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
try changing the "ignition live" and "ignition constant" cables over.

im not too sure on the colours but on most harnesses they are red and yellow. you can test with a multimeter as when the ignition is off you should still read 12VDC (unless eco mode has kicked in) on the ignition constant iirc

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
I have exactly the same problem.... does anyone know why this is? Or did you ever find an answer Mark? My stereo hasn't always had this problem, it's only been in the last 2 years or so that it's developed.....
didn't read this properly before my last post...sounds to me you need to check the fuses and replace where necessary other than that sounds like a duff wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.