Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i think that the cigy socket underneath the " CD PLAYER " console next to usb and aux doesn't provide enough power for a car charger with Quick Charge 3.0 ? is it possible to somehow improve it ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
hi, i think that the cigy socket underneath the " CD PLAYER " console next to usb and aux doesn't provide enough power for a car charger with Quick Charge 3.0 ? is it possible to somehow improve it ?
How have you come to that conclusion? No problems for me

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is no actual problem in charging, or the socket, it is charging well and it holds the connector inside, but comparing to other cars or my previous car the same charger i am using for about one year charge my Galaxy S9 much quicker than p306, so i think there is not enough amps for the fast charging..

·
Registered
148 Posts
QuickCharge 3's max amp rate is 3 amps so no issues there

It could be a voltage thing though, if the cig socket's voltage on your car fluctuates a lot then the charger may pick a lower level and stick with that

Worth testing with a multimeter to see what values you get

But to answer the one about how to improve this, probably not i'm afraid!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think the socket is 12V or 120W if i am writing down correclty? i mean no real issue, i can live with that. but for example my Ex Honda Civic 2010 charged my phone from ciggy lighter from let say 30% to 100% within like 40ish minutes, while this 2015 car takes longer.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have two extra (fused) cigar lighter sockets going direct to the battery to run cooler boxes and other things which take a large amount of current. Can you do something similar?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dangerously overpowered, LOL, MAYBE? :) don't get me wrong, civic was nice, roomier and comfier for my taste, but all the green zones now in bigger cities ( birmingham from January and more to follow soon) charges and etc, etc got over my nerves, plus I've always been a fan of PSA cars, in a fact most of my cars were PSA cars ( 406,307,407, citroen c5..)... Now this 308 is 1.6 120bhp bluehdi, no tax, no LEZ/ULEZ charges, euro6 ( 6.1 in a fact) mpg next to nothing, pulse really well...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts