Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my 207 (2007 model) where the plug in the cigarette lighter will not pop out when it's pressed in and the ignition is turned on. I have checked fuse F9 - it has a 30A fuse in it that has not blown (I followed a post on 'allgoodnogood' blogspot page - one of the first links on a Google Search for 'peugeot 207 cigarette lighter stuck'), I am not sure what else I can check?

I got the car very recently and when I got it the cigarette lighter plug was not pressed in - I initially removed the plug when checking around the car and just pushed it back in and closed the lid. Obviously now it's not coming back out and I don't really know if I've been a muppet and pushed it in when it's not supposed to, or whether there is something else wrong I can check.

Any advice is appreciated! Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Double post - Just thought I'd update this to mention I did have a further look around just in case I was being an idiot, no dice sadly.

Took the 207 to the garage yesterday and found out the previous owner must have overloaded the socket - required a whole new cigarette lighter unit. The things themselves cost about £5 from what I can find on a quick search but I am not sure on how they are fitted. Got mine sorted at a Protyre garage though it cost £60.

Don't have much more technical information unfortunately but it is worth looking at the socket itself and replacing it if you have similar problems to what I described in the OP. Hope this helps someone else. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts