Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5,028 Posts
spent 15 minutes on autodata and cant find the cigar lighter FFS it must be there somewhere :mad:

·
5,028 Posts
what are you hoping/trying to do ??

·
5,028 Posts
whats up with the original stereo ??

·
5,028 Posts
I would have just got the Aux in activated and fitted an ipod in the centre console to keep original features but we all like different things.

You really really need a multimeter if your planning on doing anything with the electrics on peugeots, these are multiplex wired so nothing is simple.

Good luck with your project and i hope you dont miss the clock/trip counter etc what you doing about your MFD as being useless to you there's a member with a failing one that might buy it from you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have just got the Aux in activated and fitted an ipod in the centre console to keep original features but we all like different things.

You really really need a multimeter if your planning on doing anything with the electrics on peugeots, these are multiplex wired so nothing is simple.

Good luck with your project and i hope you dont miss the clock/trip counter etc what you doing about your MFD as being useless to you there's a member with a failing one that might buy it from you.
I'll be keeping it as if/when I sell car I can put it back to stock, should be able to still see mpg via stalk button

·
5,028 Posts
post some pictures of the finished setup please, i'm intrigued as to what you'll lose etc and how it will look

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you looked at these

CTSPG007 Peugeot 207 307 308 407 408 807 Stalk Adaptor Steering Radio Control | eBay

I fitted my Pioneer in my 407 using this and now have volume/station/track control on the stalk. Plus can still access options on the original display/reset clock etc.
hi cheers for the link did you wire anything to your cigar lighter? I had a play yest and got it all working cant use the in dash menus but sstill get the date and mpg trip etc via steering wheel stalk (not the one to skip tracks etc)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I didn't have to wire anything to the cigar, just plugged in and works.

I can now access the full menu from the stalk, auto headlights, auto locking etc and set the clock.

I know it would of annoyed me to have the clock wrong for six months of the year and the only other way to adjust it would be to put the original stereo in twice a year!

Im well chuffed with this adapter, best £30 I've spent.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts