Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

For the last couple of months I've been running round in a 2003 206 sw whilst i'm restoring an old land rover, anyway a couple of weeks ago I accidently over filled the engine oil whilst servicing the engine and put 4 lts of oil in it instead of 3.5 lts and after doing it it started to chuck out white smoke then later I re-read the manual and drained off the excess oil but it is still chucking out white smoke, anyway since then I didn't want to damage anything and parked the car up but I really need to use the car now and can't seem to get rid of this smoke, any idea's please which would be really appreciated.

graham

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys

For the last couple of months I've been running round in a 2003 206 sw whilst i'm restoring an old land rover, anyway a couple of weeks ago I accidently over filled the engine oil whilst servicing the engine and put 4 lts of oil in it instead of 3.5 lts and after doing it it started to chuck out white smoke then later I re-read the manual and drained off the excess oil but it is still chucking out white smoke, anyway since then I didn't want to damage anything and parked the car up but I really need to use the car now and can't seem to get rid of this smoke, any idea's please which would be really appreciated.

graham
Oh I forgot to say its a 1.4 petrol :eek:

·
11,984 Posts
All the info out there just seems to say "drain the excess oil".

I don't think there's a great deal you can do other than run it and hope the smoke lessens over time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts