Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
I think someone did a long time ago on here and complained them fell off when they got wet. Just stick on aren't they?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Use tiger seal as well they will not come off then. Recently I have used tiger seal to put on chrome trim from China on my 508 will not jet wash off. Have used this for rear window spoilers too no problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, 3M tape but the tiger seal sounds like a good idea. Mine's a silver car but the paint is so thin on the door handles you can see the black. Do they look when fitted?

·
Registered
655 Posts
3m tape not much good for adhesion to paint surfaces you have to degrease etc and even then not that good. Put a rear window spoiler on my VW Bora , cleaned window as per instruction then unpleeled 3 m tape it stuck on but 3 weeks later when I was cleaning back window it just came off in my hand.Use tiger seal all the time ,most body shops use it , I believe you can get it in black or white now about £ 7.50 from most car shops.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put some of the metal ones on the Mrs. Golf, I've yet to have a problem with the backing tape they came with (not ruling it out mind),

BUT, regret getting the metal ones as they stick off the door and the pressing didnt fit very well leaving rough edges. Looks good from a distance, close up mind they look like cheap stuck on covers. Not sure if the ones you've listed will be the same, just a caution.

If you do get them Mosher, do please let me know how you got on as I'd like to do the same to mine, just put off by previous experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts