Peugeot Forums banner

Choosing a Replacement Turbo

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  PaulyB90 
#1 ·
OK so i have accepted that in the future I may need to replace my turbo. i have been advised that it is 'weeping'.

I have managed to get a picture of the Id plate on the turbo.

So I now know that I have a 'K03' but how relevant are the rest of the digits on this plate?

I dont want to just get a K03 without being absolutely sure.

Engine is HDI 2.0L 110.

Thanks in advance.
Pete

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
KO3 is just family/model name, 90 & 110 BHP models can both have K03 but one has external wastegate regulation and one auto regulation.

You need a unit from/for same engine variant part numbers have changed as units get superseded.

What do they mean by weeping ?. A slight amount of oil in induction system is normal, more so as the miles roll on due to breather system venting into intake system.

If you do not have excessive white smoke and/or poor oil consumption do not worry about it. 2.0 Turbo are very robust if car maintained well, my car has just over 238K miles and original turbo still going strong

#3 ·
Oil leaking out. Basically have oil all over bottom of engine.

I've not rushed to replace the turbo because oil consumtion etc is good but I may have to do head gasket soon and if I do then may replace turbo at same time.

Good mileage you've got there. I'm on obout 210K.

Cheers

#4 ·
I get a bit of oil on bottom of engine appears to weep from lower intercooler hose joint. It always looks like a major leak but i think it just spreads around as I have near zero oil loss/consumption even with my miles.

I would say with your miles its mainly oil from breather system and not Turbo often you will also have "owl noise"/ loud turbo whine when turbo bearings are worn and seals on way out.

I worked out that by the end of the weekend my car could have driven to the moon based on the mileage

#5 ·
So you really have done galactic mileage then :)

There's been oil all around turbo etc for a while now and someone on here said that they can weep for a while before they actually go.

Well, it's ironic that as soon as I start talking about the turbo it starts whistling and black smoke out the back.

The future of this car seems bleak with turbo and HG going

#7 ·
I am researching the replacement procedure at the moment since ironically my Turbo started wining loudly and smoking badly right after I posted this up.

I may start another thread once I've finished searching older threads if I still have questions. I seem to remember someone saying that most of the removal procedure can be done from above if you remove engine mounts and pull the engine forward. I'm gonna get back to my searching now.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.