Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, instead of paying Peugeot £128.00 to replace my rear pads, i thought I'd have a go myself. what a pain, i have never changed pad that have little springs on them, so i am hoping i have done it right. Once changed i took it for a 5 mile spin, but there is a lot of pad rubbing, is this normal ?

·
Registered
916 Posts
I`m sure you could have found a small independent who would have charged you a lot less, and done the job correctly.
Is your 308 electric or cable hand brake.?

·
3,194 Posts
You might find the pads are 'bedding in' to poor discs....and they are being ground in...perhaps with hindsight you may let someone who has experience to help you and show you the correct way to overhaul such a crucial part of the cars safety system.
Ha ve a peek on youtube or even use the search function on here...or ask first

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, i wish i had now, its an electric handbrake. I'm sure i put the little springs on the wrong way round on the NS. :( just come back from another spin (20 miles) and the rear wheels were a bit warm.

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
How did you put the piston back in? Also were the pads hard to fit to the sliders? I've seen me having to remove the paint from the side of the pads before. I'm assuming you used some sort of grease too?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first of all, i put the pads in back to front, didn't realise there was two different type, i.e. dimples on the rear of the pad. after winding the piston back in it went on quite well. forgot the copper grease and i i think i also inserted the spring incorrectly...

·
Registered
916 Posts
yes, i wish i had now, its an electric handbrake. I'm sure i put the little springs on the wrong way round on the NS. :( just come back from another spin (20 miles) and the rear wheels were a bit warm.
As it's an electric hand brake, Did you plug in Peugeot Planet and reset the calliper's electronically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts