Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 308 1.6 HDI has recently started to make a chirping sound from the engine bay, this seems to be coming from the Serpentine Belt. Whilst having some tyres fitted I mentioned this to the fitter and he resloved the problem by squirting some liquid on the belt. Unfortunately this was only a temporary fix and it has resumed. I've done some research online and found that it can be caused by a worn belt or misalligned pulleys?

My Pug is 30 months old and has only covered 26,000 miles, are the Main Dealers obliged to fix either of the above problems under warranty? Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Dave O'

C

·
0 Posts
The belt is a wear and tear item subject to a scheduled replacement period, and occasional adjustment as required. It's not covered by the warranty.

Now you've let some muppet contaminate it with lord knows what I'd recommend you just replace it, and make sure the tension is scrupulously checked annually or every 12.5k miles, whichever comes soonest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chopper1192 said:
Now you've let some muppet contaminate it with lord knows what I'd recommend you just replace it
Hmmm!!!! I should of realised :mad:. That green frog suit was a dead give away! Thanks for your advice.....I'll get it changed.

Regards

Dave O'

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chopper1192 said:
The belt is a wear and tear item subject to a scheduled replacement period, and occasional adjustment as required. It's not covered by the warranty.

Serpentine Belt Update

Hi there,

Just to let you know I booked my car in today at the Main Dealers, they're replacing the Belt and Pulley f.o.c. and they gave me a courtesy car :thumb: . They're also doing a recall on it, I think it's something to do with the bonnet. A great result, they never once mentioned paying for it and to their credit I can't fault the service.

A very happy Pug Owner

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts