Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Is it true that the Chinese PP2000 is not as accurate and reliable as compared to the original PP2000? There are some people who say that the Chinese version is not good to use. Is this true?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
No , for what it`s worth it`s fine for home mechanics , plus its roughly a thousand pound cheaper .

ps, the people saying that have either the original or none , i`ve been using it on all models for over four years from reading codes to coding injectors and keys with no problems.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i wonder if those "genuine" people can connect to the french servers and download the updates etc....i think not...no benefit in spending over £1k for something you can pick up for around £100

i had a "fake" back when i had a peugeot. diagnosed my ABS fine, activated trip computer and did alsorts with it.

even diagnosed trems abs and kembiffs problems....

nothing wrong with them...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

Thanks for the reply everyone. The "other" peugeot forum I went to seem to be highly against the chinese version. If expert users, like you guys, trust the chinese version then newbies like me should do too.

Plus, I will not spend a huge amount of money for a real PP2000 ... it's just for home use anyway.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Thanks for the reply everyone. The "other" peugeot forum I went to seem to be highly against the chinese version. If expert users, like you guys, trust the chinese version then newbies like me should do too.

Plus, I will not spend a huge amount of money for a real PP2000 ... it's just for home use anyway.
Would that be the forum in the central ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forum

the forum I went to is at a different site. The site specializes more on diagnostic tools, BSI, electronic faults and resolution, etc. They have a lot of experienced users there too but they do not seem to like the chinese version of PP2000.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
the forum I went to is at a different site. The site specializes more on diagnostic tools, BSI, electronic faults and resolution, etc. They have a lot of experienced users there too but they do not seem to like the chinese version of PP2000.
Maybe they can afford to not like it , but i do work for garages and remappers plus myself and its the best bit of kit i have , and i have quite a bit of diagnostics.

·
Registered
552 Posts
When you buy a fake one you do run the risk of it not working, but in the cases I've head of that happening, they've happily replaced it. I've yet to hear of anyone struggling to do something with the Fake ones that they could otherwise do with the real thing.

Doesn't the real one come with a build in oscilloscope etc.? or is that an add-on module?

Phil

·
Registered
41 Posts
The parts that you get in the replicas are electronically identical to the originals, and the software you use with both is the same. Ultimately all it is is an interface to read data produced by the car's own systems so there is no practical reason why it should produce different results.

It's like using a different set of specs to read the same newspaper - the information on the paper isn't going to be different.

Anyone saying the copies are less 'accurate' are talking out of their bumholes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have to admit using both (Chinese and the real thing) they are pretty much like each others only thing is i can now do downloads and little more here and there. if you want my advice,

If you are just want to do little bit of work here and there, trouble codes, replacement parts and etc... get your self Chinese copy.

but if you are operating small workshop like my mate, and have clue to how to things works with ECU's then get your self the real thing.

i would save my self the money, and whenever i really need it i would of used that money to go to the dealers.

but for now, i can do downlands! wooohooo just did a TU3A 206 couple of days ago with new ECU software, and car got 100 times better, 10% less fuel, 6-7% increased Max speed, 30% throttle response!

·
Registered
857 Posts
i have to admit using both (Chinese and the real thing) they are pretty much like each others only thing is i can now do downloads and little more here and there. if you want my advice,

If you are just want to do little bit of work here and there, trouble codes, replacement parts and etc... get your self Chinese copy.

but if you are operating small workshop like my mate, and have clue to how to things works with ECU's then get your self the real thing.

i would save my self the money, and whenever i really need it i would of used that money to go to the dealers.

but for now, i can do downlands! wooohooo just did a TU3A 206 couple of days ago with new ECU software, and car got 100 times better, 10% less fuel, 6-7% increased Max speed, 30% throttle response!
Hi, question please:
when you physically look at the two interfaces, can you spot a difference in them? i think next to the USB cable port, there is another port in the genuine one, or am i wrong?

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts