Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked on the manual and it says to turn dials located in the doors like your normally would in any car. On the 3008 these dials are rubber and you turn but nothing is happening, had the car 3 days now and cant figure it out.

Has anyone turned on their child locks ? Any tips ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still waiting for my car but according to the manual there's an option where a button on the dash between the steering wheel and the driver side door is used instead. See "Electric child lock", on the page just after the one for manual child lock, at least in the Pdf manual I downloaded a while ago.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looked on the manual and it says to turn dials located in the doors like your normally would in any car. On the 3008 these dials are rubber and you turn but nothing is happening, had the car 3 days now and cant figure it out.

Has anyone turned on their child locks ? Any tips ?
I went through the exact same process, scratched my head for ages! then realised the 3008 had an electric child lock. As above it's a button to the right of the steering wheel

Much better than manual locks as you don't have to get out to let passengers out of the back ?

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (42.1mpg)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went through the exact same process, scratched my head for ages! then realised the 3008 had an electric child lock. As above it's a button to the right of the steering wheel

Much better than manual locks as you don't have to get out to let passengers out of the back ?

Thanks, does this lock automatically have child locks on every time you get into the car ? Or do you have to turn it on each time ?

Also, goes you 1.2 gt Line have stop start ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks, does this lock automatically have child locks on every time you get into the car ? Or do you have to turn it on each time ?

Also, goes you 1.2 gt Line have stop start ?
Yes it stays on all the time and the icockpit screen confirms child locks are on every time you start the car. Yes my GT line has stop start (although hasn't been working much recently due to the high temps)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it stays on all the time and the icockpit screen confirms child locks are on every time you start the car. Yes my GT line has stop start (although hasn't been working much recently due to the high temps)

Thank you, Ive only been driving my gt line for 3 days now but the stop start hasn't kicked in once, Ive check and made sure its turned on. Wonder if I'm missing something.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thank you, Ive only been driving my gt line for 3 days now but the stop start hasn't kicked in once, Ive check and made sure its turned on. Wonder if I'm missing something.
If you have the aircon on then it's quite normal not to get S&S as the aircon takes quite a bit of power.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It reverts to active every time you switch off.
The button is to override it.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
No button in the UK version of the 3008. You have to go into vehicle settings and disable S/S on screen. I don't like S/S, and have often found that when pulling into traffic from a junction, there is a slight delay caused by the engine having to fire up.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
No button in the UK version of the 3008. You have to go into vehicle settings and disable S/S on screen. I don't like S/S, and have often found that when pulling into traffic from a junction, there is a slight delay caused by the engine having to fire up.
What a pita!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Most countries get a button to disable S/S on the panel above the drivers right knee. Unfortunately here in the UK we are governed by hypocrites who pass emissions regulations for all, whilst being chauffeured around in a fleet of 5.0L V8 Jaguar XJ's, planning new runways for Heathrow Airport.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Most countries get a button to disable S/S on the panel above the drivers right knee. Unfortunately here in the UK we are governed by hypocrites who pass emissions regulations for all, whilst being chauffeured around in a fleet of 5.0L V8 Jaguar XJ's, planning new runways for Heathrow Airport.
I have recurring nightmares of transiting Swindon and it's endless 'blink and you're dead' roundabouts with ss hesitation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts