Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car on for an MOT today (207cc GT) It failed on a broken CV gaiter clip and the tester charged me £20 for putting a new one on. Better than getting my own hands dirty!

However, went to pick the car and new MOT up and when I started it I got a 'Check Oil Level' warning. I checked the dipstick and while I find these coily things hard to read it seemed ok. Nevertheless the bloke gave me a mugful to top it up which I did. Nevertheless the message is still there every time I start up. I can't imagine that this is anything other than a coincidence that this has occured on the day I had the MOT done. Has anybody else had this problem? The Oil level on the dipper is fine but I still get the message and the the little triangle with the exclamation mark.

Is there any way of rebooting the system to get this thing off?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
BSI reset maybe but could just be faulty sensor.

when was oil last changed? for the sake of 30 quid I would change the oil and see if fault message appears.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried it last night before going to bed and it's now corrected itself and showing 'Oil OK'! Probably just one of those bloody little gremlins.

Have to say though, I've seen a lot of comments about this engine using lots of oil. I've had the car for two years now and mine doesn't. Apart from the cupful the MOT tester gave me yesterday in case that was the problem, I've never had to top it up. Mind you, I only do about 6k miles a year now. It would probably be a different story if I was still doing the 25k I used to do.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 207GT. I've had this issue twice. Both times it corrected itself after I had topped up enough oil. I did have to top up little by little a couple of times to correct it. Use the dipstick measurements (The dip stick is not the best design) to be sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts