Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've been having a search around the forum and think I've got a fair idea what I need to be asking my garage to check for me relating to my faults. The garage I use is independant and not main dealer. I know there are some extremely knowledgable members on here so thought I'd check to see if my thinking is right.
The car, 2003 307sw 2.0hdi 110hp 165,000miles. Anti pollution/Unblock diesel filter warning light has been on approx 20 miles from purchase.
A brief description of my problem. Generally it runs ok for 10mins then problems start. Unblock diesel filter message appears everything ok, Anti Pollution message shows power loss, struggles past 2500rpm. Through the gears it pulls 'ok' till just over 2000rpm and then nothing. On inclines speed drops steadily. On a reasonable journey sometimes power surges back and all normal for a few miles. DPF has been removed and cleaned which helped briefly (approx 30miles) The car is overdue a service and there seems to be quite a lot of oil in the engine bay.
So, am I right in thinking a service along with fuel cap sensor, fuel filter, wiring checked to the airflow meter, the turbo checked along with the vacuum system is the best starting point?
Many Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I would get a good diagnostic done , taking extra care of DPF readings ,

and check injector seals before spending labour time on wiring , thats expensive :nod:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would get a good diagnostic done , taking extra care of DPF readings ,

and check injector seals before spending labour time on wiring , thats expensive :nod:
Cheers for that. I found a post where someone was having similar problems and what I mentioned was actually quoted from davidireland. Is there anyone on here from the west midlands that has the correct diagnostic equipment? Or should my local garage do this at a resonable fee?
Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi mate i do. im only in stourbridge
Hi, how much would you charge to run a test? Im umming and ahhing at the minute as to whether to keep it or get rid as dont really need an estate now, plus the missus has seen a newer car she likes haha Trouble is besides the power issue shes a lovely motor and seems a shame not to get it sorted!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
a drinks fine. im around over the weekend if thats any good. i can give it a service if you really want lol got all genuine bits in stock for your motor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a drinks fine. im around over the weekend if thats any good. i can give it a service if you really want lol got all genuine bits in stock for your motor
Seriously?? Your a diamond, what you drink lol And how much for a full service? Assuming the test doesn't return anything to nasty would sway me into keeping the motor so a service would be well needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts