Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
Are the cheap R/O Polishers worth considering ? Cant afford loads so asking if a cheap polisher is better than doing it all by hand ?
Thanks
Chris

·
3,157 Posts
I will only ever polish by hand as Ive seen over enthusiastic use of a power polisher take the layer of laquer off...if the paint ia that bad,,consider a mobile valeter...they have experience and will advise as well...just my opinion

·
6,415 Posts
As long as it's a DA Polisher it should be OK the Argos one at £50 get good reviews. The standard cheap and cheerful basic rotary mop ones are useless.

Just make sure you start with a normal type polish like Super Resin or similar before you go mad with a cutting polish

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi
Are the cheap R/O Polishers worth considering ? Cant afford loads so asking if a cheap polisher is better than doing it all by hand ?
Thanks
Chris
got idea how to use my excentric grinder as polisher... in theory should work...
therefore i made a rpm regulator and mounted it inside.
but...:unsure:...its too weak with soft foam pads, just vibrated and did not spin :( more so on flat panels.
i had only 1 slightly harder pad, that was somewhat working.. 220w..weak.. :unsure:
was using fine polish, lime prime & microprime.
on curved parts, when foam was finally spinning, it did some work. mostly a increased gloss.
to fight scratches, pad must be spinning !

cheap stuff like this is absolut b$:poop: 120w... terible on many levels

next year i might consider this made in poland rotary polisher, 75mm that should be fine.
i beleieve these are sold under many names worldwide......
125mm is too big for my taste. curves, edges.. :confused:
however rotaries have more bite, must be careful. dual-action is beginner ok.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK guys
Im now waiting for Manu Manu to deliver the DA Polisher its 1200w random orbital with a few free foam pads. |So with some luck i can finally clean up the Pug as a test before i go after My XJ8 LOL ... Got some paintwork to deal with on front wing and a little on the back end to do and re clear coat ... and a few stone chips to sort and blend
Thanks for all your responses.
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts