Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could reccomend a cheap suplier, I am in need of 2 new rear wheel bearings and they seem rather pricey. coming in at £110 a pop.
2002 2.0 110bhp:thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll give them a call tomorrow and quote my reg number, I picked up a 2002 hdi 110hp with 130k on it for £1500 but the clutch has gone today along with 2 wheel bearings............ it's not been the best of days.

Thing is I love the car, what a mug!

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
peter307hdi said:
I'll give them a call tomorrow and quote my reg number, I picked up a 2002 hdi 110hp with 130k on it for £1500 but the clutch has gone today along with 2 wheel bearings............ it's not been the best of days.

Thing is I love the car, what a mug!
Why a mug sounds cheap , you`ll have to do another 100k on top of that to catch up with my 02 307

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really I was worried that the engine had done a few too many miles there but if your is even more and still running good then that takes the weight off a bit. Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm looking to do an oil change on the car and was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good replacement oil and how many litres is needed?
Cheers

·
Registered
387 Posts
peter307hdi said:
I'm looking to do an oil change on the car and was wondering if anyone could reccomend a good replacement oil and how many litres is needed?
Cheers
Synthetic Anti Pollution 5W30: Total Quartz INEO ECS £31 from Peugeot for 5ltr

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
steve m said:
Synthetic Anti Pollution 5W30: Total Quartz INEO ECS £31 from Peugeot for 5ltr
Did use £30 oil myself for a while but i have frequent oil changes so i now use x-flow 10w40 £9.72 for 5 litres , doesn`t have any ill effects on car at all, 1000 mile a week.(1.4hdi 307)

·
Registered
387 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Did use £30 oil myself for a while but i have frequent oil changes so i now use x-flow 10w40 £9.72 for 5 litres , doesn`t have any ill effects on car at all, 1000 mile a week.(1.4hdi 307)
Yours hasn't got a FAP though so you could probably get away with it. Would be interesting to know whether yours would be any good for a Hdi with FAP?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
steve m said:
Yours hasn't got a FAP though so you could probably get away with it. Would be interesting to know whether yours would be any good for a Hdi with FAP?
True , but think what i was trying to put across was cheap oil dear oil is there a difference (chopper will jump in here i`m sure :lol: ) is there a cheaper oil for one with a fap filter , would think so, maybe i`m wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts