Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been putting off getting a gps dash cam due to the cost?

Well, have a look at the Amazon Black Friday deals - just picked up a cam of this is spec for 43 quid.

Deal ends midnight.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone who may be interested - the rear aux socket on a 308 turns on/off with the ignition. So if you want to install a stand alone rear camera it is easy to do.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last word from me, then I'm off...

The rear cam has made a MASSIVE difference to the driving style of those behind me - they all keep their distance. One guy raced up my ass - then rapidly backed off when he clocked the camera.

It has this effect when the rear cam is clearly visible to the other driver - so these small plug in to the front unit rear cameras will likely not have as big an effect.

If I was particularly evil - I could send both the front (speed/date/time) and rear (date/time) footage to the old bill - to show up the utter pillocks on the road - but that's not in my nature :devilish:.

"Well Officer, if I was going at 30 at the time - this other gentleman was clearly exceeding the speed limit as demonstrated by his rapid approach to the rear of my vehicle."

Big brother and all that...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd bought a few different dash cams over the years from ebay/amazon because I always thought 1080p means 1080p so why pay 80 quid for nextbase when I can get the same for 20, but it really isn't the case. All the ones I've got have had sd card issues, date/time reset everytime its powered on, poor quality picture, etc.
Caved in last year and got a NextBase, paid Halfords to install it, and it is the best choice I ever made. Powers on with ignition, date and time are always correct, image quality as good as it needs to be and didn't realise before but the mount is very unintrusive

I'm sure there are good "off brand" cams out there but I'd rather not take the risk

·
11,724 Posts
Nextbase and Vantrue are the best.

I've had cheap ones before and although daytime footage is crisp and sharp the night recording is just dire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts